What is the ZSR Circular Circumcision Anastomat?
The ZSR circular stapler or circumcision anastomat is a device combining both circular surgical blade and stapler which has been specifically developed to cut the foreskin and apply a circular row of staples near the cutting line, replacing the need for conventional cutting and suturing.
ZSR is currently the only such device available in Ireland with a full-range of sizes for both adult and paediatric patients. A sizing tool is provided for selection of correct size of device for the patient.
The ZSR Circular circumcision anastomat offers a number of benefits, not least increased procedural efficiencies and quicker patient recovery as outlined below.
With the ZSR device significant cost-savings, greater procedural efficiencies & higher patient throughput can be achieved due to the following:
- Circumcision can be performed under local anaesthetic
- Quicker procedure time (6-8 minutes vs 30-40 minutes with surgical technique)
- No manual cutting or stitching required
- Reduced operating resources i.e. less nursing support, no anaesthetist required and no recovery room time following general anaesthetic
- Single-use device – no need for equipment to be cleaned or sterilised
Better for patients:
- Quicker Recovery – no general anaesthetic
- Less bleeding (1)
- Aesthetic superiority – minimal scarring with an even incision line
- Reduces risk of infection – no cutting or surgical stitching
- No need to remove sutures/staples, the staples will spontaneously fall off within 10 days of procedure
- in procedure and post-procedure pain scores reported to be lower with Circular stapler(1)
- Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research (2015) 48(6): 577-582. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4470318/
If you wish to place an order or require further information please contact our customer service department who will be happy to assist you.
ROI: 01 201 4620
NI: 028 9099 5160
About Fleetwood Healthcare